Monday, December 7, 2009
Always love Giant's potato bread. Very soft and delicious.. Found a recipe by Alex Goh and tried it one evening.
The turn out was delicious, and as I love custard, I put extra on top of the bun before eating it.. yumyum...
The best part of it was when my youngster couldn't wait to get his hand on the buns.. my loyal fan.. hehe..
600g Bread Flour
1 1/2 tsp Salt
1 1/2 tbsp Milk powder
4 tsp Instant Yeast
270ml Cold Water
120g Mashed Potato (I used potato flakes+hot water)
1. Mix (A) till well blended. Add (B) and knead to form a dough.
2. Add (C), continue to knead to form a smooth and elastic dough.
3. Make the dough into a ball. Put it in a bowl and cover with clear film. Put in a warm place to prove for 45 min.
4. Make the dough into a ball again and let it rest for further 15 min.
5.Divide the dough into several 30g pieces, mould them into balls and put then on 2 greased 23cm square baking pans. Makes 16 pieces per pan.
6.Cover and leave to prove for 40 min or till double the size.
7. Brush with egg wash and pipe the custard to make a cross on top.
8. Bake at 180 degree C for 25 min on the low shelf of the oven.
I used my BM, so I just dumped (A), start the machine, then (B). Add (C) when it's well blended and already form a dough. Let it sit in the BM for the 1st prove.
** As the dough is a bit sticky, you can put some flour on your hands before you starts to make it into balls.