Pages

Saturday, July 11, 2009

My weekly Bread



I've been baking this bread since few months ago and it's becomes my weekly bread now... but, actually the bread normally lasts for 2 days top.. hehe... would like to share w anyone interested... (btw, thanks sis for the recipe..)


700g High Protein Flour
50g shortening
200g lukewarm water
200g evaporated milk
100g caster sugar
1 teaspoon salt
11g instant yeast
2 large eggs
  • Sift flour into a mixing bowl. Add in yeast, sugar, salt and eggs. On the mixer.

  • Pour in the milk and water a bit a time till just mixed ( i used fresh milk instead).

  • Add in shortening and continue kneading till it become soft and smooth. Add more water if needed.
  • Make into 1 big ball and leave to prove till double in size.

  • Punch down the dough. Make into smaller balls and arrange in greased pan and leave to prove again.

  • Bake in 180 for 20-30 min.

------> I use my breadmaker for kneading (just put everything and on the machine, add the shortening after the dough is just mixed) and bake in my small oven, less the mess... the bread in the pic was 1/2 the recipe, it's best eaten while hot/warm, so normally I bake 1/2 the recipe and store the other half in the freezer, for later...

No comments:

Post a Comment